Version 1.0.3 Released

Hello everyone!

I have great news: I just released version 1.0.3 of Everest to the app store! Here are the changes from the Version Summary:

• Stereo Support :
-- All loopers can now record stereo sources from audio hardware or other apps.
-- Dual Mono is used when sampling a mono audio source.
-- Stereo WAV files are created when copying or saving loops.
-- Panning a stereo sourced track balances the left and right channels.
-- Supports up to 4 stereo hardware sources (i.e. 8 mono audio tracks bussed to four stereo loopers).
• Audio File Paste :
-- Audio files can be pasted into empty loop tracks from the general pasteboard.
-- Press-and-hold on an empty loop track after copying audio from another app.
-- Support for pasting stereo and mono files.
-- If the there are no loops playing, then the first paste will determine Everest's BPM.
• Automatic Fades on Loop Ends/Seams :
-- There is a now an option, on by default, to add a short fade out on the end of a loop and short fade in on the beginning of the loop.
-- This helps remove unwanted clicks from sampled audio that spans the edges of the loop.
-- Fades are also applied to edited, windowed, and reversed loops.
• Loop History Recall
-- Now accessible via MIDI, every edit, recording, or windowing of a loop track is instantly restorable.
-- Using a partitioned ranges of MIDI CC 70, instantly jump to any loop version, all without losing sync.
• MIDI Improvements :
-- Added dedicated, named, Core MIDI endpoint. Receive MIDI directly from other apps that can discover and connect to endpoints.
-- MIDI hardware devices and their corresponding input ports are now dynamically updated whenever any devices are added or removed.
• Other Updates :
- New Hardware, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus routing interface lets you pre-select and save your favorite audio-to-looper mapping.
- Improved general Inter-App Audio Effect tempo and transport synchronization.
- Fixed sporadic issue where the press-and-hold of the Record button would fail to erase the loop and/or trigger a new recording.
- Fixed issue where the fourth Audiobus sender app/input slot was not being sampled/routed properly.
- Beat display now changes when a quantized loop window snaps in and out of sync.
- Added colored Audiobus trigger buttons to show play/record/stopped state of each selected looper.
- Overdub mode now frequently redraws waveform to show recent changes.

I want to thank everyone for their feedback and support. This was the most coding effort since I first started working on the app, but it was totally worth it. I hope you all enjoy the new features and improvements! :D

Comments

• Wow Christian! This is some update. Haven't got time to fully explore it now, but I look forward to giving it a workout over the weekend. Thanks.