How time flies! Anything significant in the pipeline still Christian?
Yes, sorry for the delay!
1) I have been adding new UI elements (buttons, feedback knobs, etc.) that take a surprising amount of time to test and code. These are very promising and are nearing completion. This also opened up the possibility for users to slightly customize the buttons they see on the screen in various layouts for the different iOS device screen sizes.
2) I added some new buttons: Pause, Reverse, and Restart.
3) The new compiled version of Everest also supports iOS Multitasking so you can run it literally along side another app that also supports Multitasking.
4) Fixed audio scubbing/windowing pops,
5) Removed audio pops from things like pause and restart.
I think I can submit the app in a week or two.
The roadmap after this is pretty open, but I have ideas. If you, or anyone else, has a preference let me know:
a) Ableton Link
b) Audiobus Remote
c) Automatic saving of currently playing loops
d) support loading Audio Unit effects (does anyone actually use these yet?)
Good news, thanks.
Auto save of loops would be excellent.
I use the AU effects by Blamsoft a lot at the moment in MultiTrackStudio and Ferrite. Would be really sweet to add in Everest.
Any beta available ? I have no seen any updates in months...
I have submitted version 1.1.0 to Apple for review. If all goes well it should be out in a week or so. If anyone wants to try a beta of the next version, feel free to email me via the contact page on the main website.
Just released in Australia. That's quite an update. Great stuff, thank you.
Another great update (1.2.0) The keyboard is a VERY nice addition.
I wanted to request Ableton Link and AU. Am I still on time? Also: great app, thanks a lot!
edited September 2017
Thanks for the great app, it's just what I was looking for, simple and effective, just the right amount of tracks ... and I love the MIDI control!
I look forward to use it with Modstep sequencer.. should make a great iOS-only studio environment.
The only thing I miss is the ability to load/copy existing audio into Everest... I know it was meant as a live looping tool, and I have read your intro on feature request about "getting audio from other apps into Everest is the most requested feature". It surely is, as a lot of us are migrating to iOS from laptops and hardware loopers, phrase samplers, grooveboxes etc.,
...so to transfer our existing loops without having to record them would be a hit feature.
So can we expect that in the near future?
Thanks again for your work.
Christian, could you please give us a hint whether Everest still might receive some of the features that have been discussed? Or does working for Apple prevent this, in one way or the other? Cheers, CT