Version 1.0.2 Released

I am happy to announce that Everest now supports Audiobus. You can load Everest into either a Sender/Input slot or into a Receiver/Output slot in Audiobus.

• I created custom Audiobus triggers so that Everest can be controlled from other apps (via the Audiobus UI popup):
--There is a Play/Pause toggle. This behaves exactly like the Play/Pause toggle at the top of Everest. It will pause any playing loops, and play any paused loops.
--Below that is the record/play button for the "selected" loop. The number in the middle shows which loop is currently selected. Pressing this button will initiate record on an empty or playing/edited loop and initiate play on a loop that is recording.
--Finally, at the bottom is the increment button. This will change the number of the currently selected loop. This allows you to remotely cycle through the loops that are recording or playing.

• I enabled automatic monitoring when Everest is in the Receiver slot. This allows you monitor audio input from your device. This is not possible when Everest is in standalone mode. I know some people really wanted this, and now you can use Everest inside of Audiobus to get that behavior.
• On top of this, in the Receiver slot, Everest can record up to four unique Input/Sender apps (and the Audiobus wrapper around the microphone/hardware input). You can use the hardware input channel assignment menu to select which Audiobus input slots map to which Everest loop channel.

I also added two small but potentially powerful features to Everest. These work in standalone, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus modes:

• You can now quantize loop window lengths to the beat. There is a new switch under the Settings menu that allows you to turn this new behavior off or on.
-- What happens: as you drag your finger to change the length (not the start), you will see the window jump or snap to a nearby position.
-- If you release your finger after that snap, the loop length will be a perfect, sample-accurate multiple of the current beat.
--The start position can still be moved and the length will continue to be that perfect multiple, unless you go off the edge of the screen. In that case the loop window shrinks without quantizing (this is the old behavior).

• Overdub and Replace buttons/presses/MIDI events can now quantize to the beat, but only when they are ending the following modes: Record, Bounce, Multiply, Insert. They are not quantized during other modes like Play and Edit.
-- This is allows you to immediately enter overdub or replace after making a new quantized recording. This can allow for perfect, seamless overdubs or instantly recovering from a bad take.
-- Specific example: Let's say you want to loop some guitar feedback. This feedback, while having no transients, still has a musical length to it. Maybe you are bending the string while it feeds back, in time with your drum machine. Well, you start recording, start your performance, then as you get close to the right musical length, enter Overdub mode. The loop length will quantize to the beat, but the audio tail of your performance will naturally layer on top of the audio in beginning of the loop. There will be no discontinuity in the sound. This is because Everest does not put automatic fades on the loop boundaries. For loopers that put these fades on the ends, this kind of performance will always result in a sonic bump on the boundary between the start and the end of the loop.

As always, I am happy to hear feedback and suggestions. I hope you all enjoy using Everest in Audiobus.